Monday, May 18, 2009

Decorative Compositions



Next week I will be participating in a national contest hold by the popular art school from my city and I decided to share my artworks that will go in . All of them focus on the decorative theme , lots of colors, but each representing them in a different way. For example, the first one is called "Porcelain"(pastels on paper), because it is mainly inspired from the traditionally decorated pots on which I also added some personal details such as small flowers and circles of colors or light.


The second one is called "Break"(Pastels on paper) , because it shows some colorful horizontal lines, and the whole composition is broken in three parts by three unsymmetrical spots colored in the same style . I admit this is an interesting exercise to analyze the optic illusions that the colors can create and to make a nice contrast by putting strong colors next to soft ones or warm colors next to cold ones.
The last one is a decorative portrait (pastel on paper), it is nothing special, just an exercise to fit the other painting. Anyway, these are by far my favorite artworks , these are just some things I have done at school and created with the purpose of sending them to this contest.












PS. I learned my lesson from last years. I will never sent my best paintings again to a contest like this because they wont give them back to me , even if I asked this from the beginning, because ... guess what ? they keep them in the storage room (yeah right, they keep them to give them as present whenever they don't have money or anything else to offer,or to take the frame when another contest comes up....Totally disgusting !!!) but ..oh yeah , this is the society we live in and it seems we have to endure because how hard I try, nobody seems to take me into consideration or even listen !

No comments: